I Heart Book Publishing is currently accepting submissions.
As stated in the beginning (HOME Page), we are a different publishing house. We are NOT a vanity press. We are NOT a pay-as-you-go company either. Think of us as a "bridge" between traditional publishing and self-publishing. We offer the "back end" of the business that self-publishing authors don't have the time to handle or getting published with a smaller or mid-size houses with preferred genres.
With the ever-evolving publishing world, we saw a need for authors who wanted to self-publish their books, but didn't know where to begin. Or, they didn't have the time to handle the business side of the industry. Are you an author who thinks the only choices are self-publishing or traditional publishing? You can maneuver the overwhelming and tedious job of learning the ins and outs of formatting, uploading to different distributors and their guidelines, pricing conundrum, and creating artwork for covers. You can write queries and synopses for your book and submit to many publishers and wait six weeks, ten weeks, twelve weeks before you get a rejection letter and then start the process all over again until you get a yes. Then, you can look at what IHBP can offer. We do all the "business" side of this publishing realm and in return you get more control over your work with higher royalties. Yes, you read that right--check below for the terms. These are the only requirements:
1. Your manuscript has to be professionally edited prior to submission. (Don't fret, we have a list of editors you can choose from if you haven't done so.)
2. You have created an attractive cover to showcase your story. (Again, don't fret, we have a list of cover artists with prices ranging from $35 on up to $100 or more. We also offer to create your cover for a very, very minimal price. We aren't interested in charging big prices. Over half of our covers are done by IHBP.)
3. We have a list of bloggers that you can also send your book for review (most sites prefer the author to submit directly).
4. You have a say in pricing. Most houses set the prices, but we give you a choice. (We put an average based on size for both eBook and Print.)
5. We accept the following genres (pretty much anything as long as it meets our other requirements):
Historical, Contemporary, and Futuristic Time Periods
Paranormal (shape shifters, ghosts, vampires, were-animals)
Science Fiction (hard core, speculative, fantasy)
Erotic Romance of all genres
Fantasy (fairies, dragons, myths and legends)
Over 50 Heroes and Heroines
Non-fiction - all genres
WHAT'S NOT ACCEPTABLE:
No writers under the age 18
No Incest of any kind.
No Rape scenes of any kind.
No Pedophilia, under age sex.
No Golden showers
No Domestic Violence acts toward men or women or children.
No Bestiality, unless it’s a part of the alien fantasy or science fiction storyline.
No Racist remarks or racist storylines.
No Violence and death scenes while coupling.
No Pornographic materials.
No adultery except under specific circumstances (please mention when you email for questions)
6. Submissions are made online--No paper copies, they won't be read because, well, I don't have the space to store them.
7. We publish electronic and paperback formats. Distribution to third party websites include Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords (who distributes further to IBooks, Kobo, and several other sites). We are working on other channels. Any book length will go to print. If your book is less than 50,000, don't worry if you want to see your novella in print. Remember, you have control. We'll do it!
8. Our terms of contract are for three years and require full digital and print rights, but contracts are always negotiable on some terms. A SAMPLE CONTRACT is available for review prior to any commitment.
9. We DO NOT ask for any fees and upfront money in order to publish.
10. Your manuscript doesn't have to have a happily ever after or happy for now ending. Is that real life? Sometimes, but we believe there is a need for reality in our stories. Now, if you want to abide to the formula for Romance, then yes make sure you have that happy ending.
11. Do you hate preparing those query letters and the scary synopsis? No worries. As long as you've done everything mentioned above, we can talk. Just go to the Contact Page and drop us a message. Remember, you have control.
12. Never been published before? We can point you to professionals to assist you in preparing your manuscript for submission. You're already published but looking for a new home, no problem. We encourage you to submit your previously published work. We only ask you provide the termination agreement letter stating your reversion of rights with whomever you have published the work in the past.
WORD COUNT REQUIREMENT:
- The Minimum Word Count for all Works is 20,000 words. Other counts will be considered.
- The Maximum word count is unlimited.
- Print-on-Demand automatic at 40,000 words less is considered on case-by-case basis.
- Anthologies and Boxed Sets limit for POD at 150,000 words.
ROYALTY & ROYALTY PAYMENTS:
- ROYALTY PERCENTAGE:
50% of cover price for print books (discount for personal purchase for book signings)
- ROYALTY PAYMENTS:
January 1 to March 31 paid on April 30th.
April 1 to June 30 paid on July 31st.
July 1 to September 30 paid on October 31st.
October 1 to December 30 paid on January 31st.
If this sounds good and you want to go ahead and submit, please make sure the following information is on the title page of your manuscript when you submit:
Author legal name:
Please save your manuscript before sending it with the title of the work along with your last name such as Dick Loves Jane - Smith. This helps us to keep them straight in our files and find it easier.
- We accept submissions in Word RTF or DOC formats only.
- All manuscripts should be 1.5 spaced.
- Do not put an extra line between paragraphs.
- All margins should be 1.5″ – top, bottom, left, right.
- Set paragraph indentation to .3″.
- Font style should be Times New Roman, 12 point; font color, black.
- Do not embed images, hyperlinks or other elements.
- Avoid the use of inserted symbols like Latin or the British symbol for pound or Euro.
- Insert a page break rather than a next page break at the end of every chapter, title page and any other introductory matter, such as a Preface or Dedication.
If you have questions about I Heart Book Publishing, please feel free to email publisher@IHeartBookPublishing.com. We would be more than happy to give you information about the company, our experience and our plans for promotion and distribution. You are also encouraged to email our authors and talk to them about the company and their experiences.
© 2014-2019. All rights reserved and no exceptions. All personal works on this site are the exclusive property of I Heart Book Publishing, LLC. Work may not be transmitted via the internet, nor reproduced in any other way, without prior written consent.